Round-robin storytelling has been around for a while, and something I have always been interested in experimenting in AD&D with a variation of GM'ing where players take turns becoming the GM in the same campaign and storyline.
Without proper planning, this could be very chaotic and not very satisfying, however.
What are some methods for switching up who is the GM in the same game? I know this is an odd approach, but something myself and friends would like to try. Are there any resources for this out there? Have you tried this already? Important items I want to consider:
- What happens to a player's PC when the player becomes GM?
- Which PC does the last GM get when a new GM steps up?
- How to encourage working together and building off of past GM efforts?
- How to discourage sabotaging each GM's efforts and GM decisions that will mostly benefit the PC that GM will later regain control of?
- Anything else you think is important to consider here.