Depending on the type of Vampire: the Masquerade campaign, PC's may experience unusual growth in resources. This should generally come with a (potentially complicated) system of pros and cons as well as both daily and major issues and obstacles that PC may be required to deal with.
This type of event has recently happened in one of my games, where a PC has amassed enough influence and wealth to acquire, for all intents and purposes, a major airport.
A few things that my player is already beginning to plan as long term contingencies:
- Elaborate system of hench-ghouls to help with tasks and communication
- Specialist ghouls with expertise in flight regulations, international law, and other related talents/skills/knowledges
My player's plans may not come quite so easily, readily or as they fully intend based on reasons shown in below answers. Also, as has been pointed out, even as a Resource and not just an airport CEO Influence, many factors prevent this Resource from being as available to PC whim as a more reasonable Resource such as a simple warehouse may be. Additionally, as has been pointed out, the typical WoD setting would not be fitting where an airport as a Resource turned the game into less of a personal horror RPG and more of a glorified Lemonade Stand game. For this question's purposes, this question addresses airport use and ownership in WoD as offered by WoD rules but not fully detailed for higher level global settings
I have some ideas of my own about the basic main areas of consideration I should give as a GM, such as a need to consider other traveling supernaturals.
I have not been able to find any resources that help with the details of major airport ownership by a vampire PC, and I feel that I am missing a number of critical items here.
What do I need to plan or look out for when a vampire PC gains ownership of and major influence over a major airport in V:tM?
Please consider some of the following thoughts and reasons that I have chosen to keep this as a specific question about major airports as PC resources in V:tM:
- Issues with traveling Black Hand/Inconnu/etc that try to sneak through the PC's airport
- Camarilla politics regarding major airport control
- Technocracy politics and issues with vampire-controlled airports
- Obligations to local princes within the vicinity of major airports
- Camarilla-enforced liability for unknowingly transporting Sabbat and hunted vampires through one's airport
- Specific talents/skills/knowledges that will be helpful for a player and their cohorts to have a hindrance if a player and cohorts lack them
- Other system-specific related considerations
These considerations are listed to serve as a basic idea of different factors. I am looking for a more general answer that hits on the important main factors to consider and I am not looking for lists.
As a general note, this is a campaign with very powerful PCs and NPCs alike and is not a standard campaign for newly-sired 13th generations. I am aware that a major airport is a very powerful resource. This is less of a balancing concern in my game and more of a concern about attention to detail. However, helpful information related to WoW airports in general may both suit my purposes and any user looking for airport information in general related to WoD campaigns.