In my longest-running group, our old nWoD Storyteller (GM) is returning to town for a few days and we have decided to include him in our regular AD&D 2e game. I need to convert our 2e characters to nWoD for a single session in the nWoD setting.
I will be handing him a moderately dangerous antagonist NPC that should be a difficult but even match for the party of five AD&D 2e Planescape PCs (each between 12th and 17th level). However, the antagonist that our long-lost RPGer will be playing is designed in a modern nWoD setting.
This is partly as a fun escape for my players, partly inspired by the concept of crossing over between modern Earth and the Dungeons and Dragons campaign world originally seen in the old cartoon show, but mostly as a temporary honor to our old GM. It is easy enough to explain what will have been a strange and risky journey to a land of foreign and alien dangers on a modern horror-based Earth since our campaign is already in 2e Planescape and last we left off the PCs were just arriving in Sigil.
I am trying to find out: How do I convert AD&D 2e Planescape PC stats and abilities to modern Hunter stats in WoD? These are important considerations for this question:
- Each Hunter PC should not gain new powers or abilities compared to their AD&D 2e counterpart
- Each 2e PC should convert to a dampened array of powers in nWoD as a Hunter to balance how weak even mortal Hunters with a moderate amount of experience are compared to many supernaturals in WoD
- Each Hunter PC should have mostly anachronistic and irrelevant nWoD Talents/Skills/Knowledges that require a core understanding of modern Earth (no Drive, no Law, no Medicine, no Occult, etc.)
- I need to convert 2e stats to nWoD attributes
- I need to convert 2e Weapon Proficiencies and Non-Weapon Proficiences to nWoD Talents/Skills/Knowledges
- I need to convert 2e class abilities and spells to usage by WoD Hunters somehow, even if greatly reduced in power
- I need to convert other important Hunter stats from 2e stats
- I need to convert HP in 2e to Dodge or related in nWoD (nWoD Health should not be remarkably affected by the conversion to mortal Hunters)
- Resources and items will not be converted
- Psionic and racial abilities will not be converted and there are no wild mages in the group
- 2e characters (please either address these directly or answer in general 2e to nWoD Hunter conversion terms, more clarification available for specifics about each character): 12th level Elven Fighter/Mage/Thief, 14th level Elven Ranger, 14th level Human Fighter, 15th level Human Cleric, 17th level Human Fighter
- 2e PCs will be converted to nWoD PCs using the nWoD Hunter: the Vigil system
- Other nWoD resources are okay to reference, such as Witch Hunters and Second Sight
How do I convert AD&D 2e Planescape characters to nWoD Hunters?
I searched and found a related question that was locked: What RPG worlds/systems work best together in crossover combinations?
I looked on the meta discussion for this thread, and see that my question may be appropriately-defined and asking for a specific-enough solution that will solve a problem: "Good Azlanti Dungeon Adventure?" v. "What RPG worlds/systems work best together in crossover combinations?"
This question does not intend debate, list answers, arguments, or extended discussions.
Thanks for any help!