As a somewhat follow up to this question re. unarmed strike, I'm wondering:
- Does Pathfinder significantly fix the monk class (this, and other potential well known class issues)? Specifically *:
- Multiple Attribute Dependency/lack of synergy between class skills
- Difficulty in scaling combat effectiveness in magic heavy campaigns
- Heavy dependence on a relatively limited range of very specific magic items
- What seem like outright bugs - the lack of proficiency in unarmed strike, the Other transformation at level 20 coming with immunity to some useful spells, and not immunity to things like mind affecting, damage reduction from falling is worse than feather-fall, etc...
- Generally making it feasible to either fill one of the standard group roles (ie, better compete to be a damage dealer or tank), or be a realiable generalist (ie, make it easier to buff or crowd control or heal).
- If it does, is there an online source I can read which will most quickly bring me up to date with what Pathfinder changes/fixes with the monk class, specifically?
. * this list is not exhaustive - I can't find a good online resource so wrote it from memory. I'd appreciate suggestions to improve it (or a link to a good run down of major monk problems)