I have read the Riggers part of the core rulebook, but I am still confused about some aspects of using drones. Could someone help me?
- I am more or less sure the Device Rating of any drone is equal to its Pilot attribute, so 3 for most drones.
- Half of this rounded up (so 2) is the number of Autosofts any drone can run at the same time.
- So a drone can look (Clearsight) and fly (Maneuvering), but cannot at the same time shoot (Targeting). If it tries to shoot, it either must go blind, or drop from the sky, so it is basically useless on its own.
- Is there any way to increase this limit to at least 3?
- If I use the most expensive RCC without any noise reduction, I can run 6 autosofts simultanously. So now the drone can look, fly, shoot, evade, sneak and defend itself from Matrix attacks. It is bordering on usable, but only as long as I do not use different types of drones (requiring different kinds of programs) and they are all equipped with the same kind of weapons. There goes the versatility.
Am I reading this correctly? Autonomous drones can only do surveillance, while being quite conspicuous; and even if I control them with an RCC, they all must be of one kind?