I have a game group of myself (DM + a support cleric (N)PC), my wife and 2 boys. The kids are very young for dnd (10 and 6) but they are getting right into it and we're having a really good time ... but we're running out of content, the Starter Pack is almost done!
I'm looking for a 4e essentials adventure to fit the following requirements:
- Suitable for a party of 4 adventurers who successfully navigated the starter set adventure.
- Free or available to download with a DDI subscription.
- Probably best to be set in Nentir Vale as I've mentioned Fallcrest etc a few times and it would be odd to suddenly jump off to Waterdeep! Happy to slot something from another campaign in if its a good fit.
- Accessible to little kids. No significant adult themes please.
- Campaign religion downplayed. While I am personally an atheist, we're downplaying the fictional religiosity of DnD, as the kids go to a Catholic school and I don't have the energy to deal with questions if the boys ever asked where Asmodean fit into the whole thing. For now we're keeping it nice and simple so adventures with heavily game-theistic themes are out. If I can easily redo the odd encounter that's fine, but an adventure whose major plot lines revolved around the pantheon is out for now.
- Looking for a traditional dungeon setting. I bought basically everything 3D dungeon tiles make so if I can print a map and prop some generic dungeon walls onto it that would be great.
- Some non-combat challenges and encounters would be great, the highlights of the game so far have been the dialogue with the young white dragon and the chess challenge. They need the standard combat encounters as the baseline but keen on including some RP or puzzle encounters too.