I am unclear if I can use the skill power utility from PHB3 "Persistent Tail" as I am envisioning.
Persistent Tail is as follows:
Move Action - Close burst 20
Target: One creature in burst that you can see and that you have cover or concealment against.
Effect: The first time the target moves before the start of your next turn, you can move your speed as an immediate reaction. If you end the movement with cover or concealment against the target, you can make a stealth check to become hidden.
I am creating a build that should have the following characteristics:
- He will have an at-will available to him to create a gap of 2 squares or more available to him.
- He will have persistent tail.
- He will have Oni's Gift (lvl 22 Swordmage Utility) for getting concealment (i.e. invisibility) each round.
If I target a melee only style enemy with persistent tail on my turn, could I effectively avoid getting hit by him each round? (I realize he could still charge me, action point, pull me, etc.)
- My turn: I use a ranged at-will on him and then use persistent tail as my move action.
- His turn: He moves 5 squares so he is adjacent to me. I use my immediate reaction after his movement and trigger persistent tail. I then move invisibly my speed. He then wastes his standard action to double move so he is now beside me.
- My turn. I use an at-will that creates at-least a 2 square gap. I then use persistent tail as my move action on him. Rinse and Repeat.
Would this work as I am intending above as a defence mechanism according to RAW?