Since dimensional anchor is sometimes used as a protection from teleport-esque spell, I am going to devise this mass version of spell. My initial thoughts are presented here:
Dimensional Anchor, Mass
- Components: V, S
- Casting time: 1 standard action
- Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft. per level)
- Target: Creatures within 20-foot-radius sphere centered at a point within range
- Duration: 1 min. / level
- Saving throw: Reflex negates; see below
- Spell Resistance: Yes (object)
Targets fall under the effect of successful dimensional anchor. Willing targets may voluntarily fail the saving throw. Any unattended objects are automatically affected.
My question is, which spell level would be appropriate for this spell? I initially thought 8th (Dimensional lock 4 + Usual mass addition of 4), but will it be appropriate, or inappropriate for this spell level, and what would be the reason?