I've already asked this question for 3.5e, but it seems to be very different in Pathfinder, as many of the feats, prestige classes, and even the base class abilities of wizard and sorcerer have changed. So I am asking this again, but specifically focusing on pathfinder only material.
'Blasting' in Pathfinder, dealing damage using spells, is seen as inferior to battlefield control, buffing, and debuffing - in that it uses up more spell slots for less effect, takes longer to work, and is resisted by more types of monsters and enemies.
I know why this is, and that isn't the focus of this question.
I'd like to know what some builds, combinations of feats, classes, spells and magic items are that make blasting competitive with other spellcasters focused on things other than damage. Specifically looking for builds that;
- Overcome the weaknesses inherent to blasting (low damage, resistances, immunities, SR, touch AC)
- Maintain a degree of utility and aren't 'one trick ponies'
- Directly do damage with spells, aimed at taking enemies out of combat as fast as possible, as many times per day as possible
- Are playable from as low level as possible
- Have some degree of 'flair' or 'theme' in their design
Both complete builds and simple suggestions or lists of usable/competitive elements for a 'blaster' spellcaster are both acceptable as answers. The one non-negotiable factor is that the suggestions or build must be competitive with relatively unoptimized spellcasters who are not blasters in terms of effectiveness.
Assume for the purposes of this question that no 3.5e material is allowed, and that paizo material is superior to 3rd party material.