I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the options available. We haven't run a full session yet, but the two test runs I've done have both revealed glaring holes in the character I designed using the book and the popular JMobius excel sheet.
The latest discovery was that Reputation and Networking are kinda tied at the hip and one without the other is not as useful as I might have hoped.
Does anyone have guidance for:
- Where to spend the 300 CP points that do not have to go to skills
- I know it will vary per person, but I'd like somewhere to start (get at least 3 moxie, no more than 6, Don't spend more than 5 on Reputation ... stuff like that)
- Must have
- Things that go good together
- How much do I really need in a skill? Are lower levels useful?
- How many total skills should I aim for?
- How many different reps to have?
- Is it better to have one or two high reps, or more spread out?
- I'm a lifelong fantasy player, what are the equivalents of a 10' pole, torches and spikes here?
- What else should I know?