I was playing around with the Character Builder and noticed an oddity with my level 7 half-orc Knight:
- My character with no armor has a net AC of 16 [10 +3 (half level) +2 (heavy shield) +1 (dex)].
- I equipped +3 Dwarven Plate Armor. 16 +8 (plate) +3 (enhancement) = 27. But my AC shows as 28.
- I equipped +3 Dwarven Layered Plate Armor. 16 +9 (layered plate) +3 (enhancement) = 28. But my AC shows as 27.
I can only think of two possible reasons for this:
- Character builder is bugged (would not be surprising at all).
- There is some innate +1 bonus to plate armor I am missing, and then a -2 for not being proficient with the Layered Plate.
Does anyone see a legitimate reason for the AC values above?