Welcome to RPG.SE!
If you haven’t already, you should take the tour as an introduction. In addition, we have a sub-site for dealing with topics about the main site called Meta (see What is “meta”?). If you have a question about the site and can’t find it among the articles below, search on meta, or ask it as a new meta question.
Here is a selection of pointers which we consider useful to new users and meta Q&A which explain them in more detail:
- When asking a question, remember to specify what game system is relevant. See: Why do I need to specify my game system, and how do I best do it?
- If a question is closed, that doesn’t mean closed for-ever. You can edit the question, and once other users think it’s answerable they will reopen it. See: What does it mean for a question to be closed?
- Answers are for answering the question, not for responding to other answers or making tangential points. See: Why are users saying my answer isn’t an answer?
- Please refrain from answering in comments. While other sites on the network allow them, we prefer not to, and they will be removed. See Should users refrain from answers (or partial answers) in comments? for more details.
- We are an edit happy community; other users will edit your posts to make them better. If you disagree or don’t understand an edit feel free to ask. See: Why did another user edit my post?
- On that note; you don’t need to signal your edits (the site has a full revision history), as we prefer that you don’t. See: Don't signal your edits in text
- We generally operate on practices, rather than a list of hard rules, see What are the rules and policies of RPG.SE? for an introduction and do your best to listen to, and work with, experienced users on how best to do things.
For more questions and guidance, see our FAQ Index. Good Luck and Happy Gaming!
Find out more about…
- What types of questions should I avoid asking?
- What topics can I ask about here?
- What does it mean if a question is "closed"?
- Why are questions no longer being accepted from my account?
- Why are some questions marked as duplicate?
- Code of Conduct
- Expected Behavior
- How do I find topics I'm interested in?
- What browsers do we support?
- How do I search?
Reputation & Moderation
- Who are the site moderators, and what is their role here?
- Why is voting important?
- What is reputation? How do I earn (and lose) it?
- Why do I have a reputation change on my reputation page that says "voting corrected"?
- What is a locked post?
- How do I write a good answer?
- What does it mean when an answer is "accepted"?
- Why and how are some answers deleted?
- Why are answers no longer being accepted from my account?
- How to reference material written by others
- I accidentally created two accounts; how do I merge them?
- How do I add or remove login credentials from my account?
- I lost my password; how do I reset it?
- How do I delete my account?
- What is the license for the content I post?