Does the psionic power Touchsight grant line of sight, when you might otherwise not have line of sight?
The power description mentions line of effect, and has some other language commonly found in conjunction with line of sight, but does not seem to be clear as to whether it grants effective line of sight or not.
The d20 SRD version of the text of the power is provided below for convenience:
You generate a subtle telekinetic field of mental contact, allowing you to “feel” your surroundings even in total darkness or when your sight would otherwise be obscured by your physical environment. Your touchsight field emanates from you out to 60 feet. You ignore invisibility, darkness, and concealment, though you must have line of effect to a creature or an object to discern it. You do not need to make Spot or Listen checks to notice creatures; you can detect and pinpoint all creatures within 60 feet. In many circumstances, comparing your regular senses to what you learn with touchsight is enough to tell you the difference between visible, invisible, hiding, and concealed creatures.
Augment: For every 2 additional power points you spend, the radius of your touchsight field increases by 10 feet.
- The power *Energy Retort*requires line of sight.
- The feat Burrowing Power references powers that require line of sight.
- A number of spells require line of sight. Tactical Teleportation (from the Complete Mage) is one such.
- The Knight class feature Test of Mettle requires line of sight.
- The Tome of Battle maneuver Shadow Jaunt requires line of sight.
Does the psionic power Touchsight grant line of sight, when you might otherwise not have line of sight, thus permitting use of the above examples, or any other abilities which require line of sight?