Sculpt Spells is a level 2 evocation wizard ability. Here's its text:
Beginning at 2nd level, you can create pockets of relative safety within the effects of your evocation spells. When you cast an evocation spell that affects other creatures that you can see, you can choose a number of them equal to 1 + the spell’s level. The chosen creatures automatically succeed on their saving throws against the spell, and they take no damage if they would normally take half damage on a successful save.
Given the following scenario:
- You and your target are 30 feet apart
- You cast Fireball at the target
- You "instruct" your Fireball to avoid you with Sculpt Spells
- The target reflects the Fireball
- You're struck by the Fireball
Does Sculpt Spells apply in this situation? Would you have to make the saving throw for the Fireball?