There are multiple ways for a Favoured Soul to gain a Domain. For example, the Divine Oracle is an easily entered Prestige Class, and on its first level:
Oracle Domain: Upon adopting the divine oracle class, the character gains access to the Oracle domain. The character gains the granted power associated with the domain (+2 caster level for divination spells), and can choose the spells in that domain as her daily domain spells.
This description is obviously tailored for a Cleric; a Favoured Soul, however, does not have daily domain spells.
I have failed to find, so far, what happens when a Favoured Soul gains a domain with regard to the domain spells. I surmise one of 3 effects are possible:
- The domain spells are added to the Favoured Soul accessible spells,
- The domain spells are added to the Favoured Soul known spells.
I have seen many builds using the latter and even advice to seek Domains out, which is of course the most favorable reading, but I have failed so far to find any rule.
Have I missed the rule? Or it this up to the DM?
For completeness, here is a short list of Prestige Classes granting extra domains, in cases there are differences per book:
- Complete Divine: Church Inquisitor, Contemplative, Divine Oracle, Sacred Exorcist,
- Draconomicon: Dracolyte,
- Player's Guide to Faerun: Divine Disciple,
- Races of the Dragon: Singer of Concordance.