Sequence of events:
- Arthur has 7 hit points left.
- Arthur is hit and receives 12 damage.
- Arthur is becomes unconscious and is dying (0 HP.)
- Arthur's turn comes around, he rolls a Death Saving Throw and fails.
- Eleonore applies his medicine kit and stabilize Arthur.
- Lancelot casts an Enhance Ability spell and gives Arthur 8 temporary hit points.
- The Goblin hits Arthur and generate 3 hit points of damage.
When the Goblin generates 3 hit points of damage, will Arthur still be stabilized? Since Arthur still has 5 temporary hit points, I would think that he did not go back to the Dying State. That being said, his HP are still 0 and the rules say:
Damage at 0 Hit Points. If you take any damage while you have 0 hit points, you suffer a death saving throw failure.
And at the same time, the Temporary Hit Points section says:
If you have 0 hit points, receiving temporary hit points doesn’t restore you to consciousness or stabilize you. They can still absorb damage directed at you while you’re in that state, but only true healing can save you.
I'm wondering whether the temporary hit points means we're not exactly at 0 HP in that specific circumstance... How do you interpret the rule on this one?