We have a player that wants to be the good-aligned clone of Mina Kosmova, the Cosmic Mind. I'm trying to work with the player and so far, we've come up with nothing. What sort of sample complications would be the result of a character with such an origin?
There are a couple of options that spring to mind. In no particular order:
- Fame: The villain is famous and the hero is easier to locate. If the player wants the character to be hounded by detectives, reporters, and law enforcement then this is a pretty good choice.
- Prejudice: Lots of folks freak out about clones. That can manifest in game as suffering prejudice.
- Reputation: Mistaken for Kosmova. Most characters treat the hero like that particular villain.
- Rivalry: With the villain.
- Secret: If the character has managed to keep the connection unknown up to the campaign start. This will probably transition to one of the others at some point.
- Temper: Being mistaken for the villain. A nice call out to some biological reasons the villain went evil.