Consider this very basic scenario:
- I grab a rock, and cast the cantrip Light on it, choosing a violet hue as the color for the light.
- I set the rock down on the ground
- I cast Fog Cloud in the area surrounding the lit-up rock
Light reads as casting bright light in a 20' radius, and dim light another 20' away, and Fog Cloud (cast as a first level spell) has a 20' radius. So what happens in this scenario?
- Fog Cloud completely obscure the light source, including the dim light shining 20' outside the Fog Cloud itself?
- Light shine outside the Fog Cloud, providing dim light within 20' of the fog cloud?
- light from the Light spell diffuse through the Fog Cloud, creating a colored fog cloud?