I've been looking for the most effective ways to damage a Rakshasa as a spellcaster, before L7 slots become available. After reading the 3 questions below,
- Is a Rakshasa immune to Animate Objects?
- Can Maximilian's Earthen Grasp or Bigby's Hand target a Rakshasa?
- Does a Mundane Arrow Fired From a Magical Bow Count as a Magical Weapon Attack?
I'm wondering if the following spells will work:
- Magic Weapon: Per the last question, my reading is that a Wizard could cast this on a crossbow (or bow, if they have proficiency), and deal semi-decent damage (assuming they are good aligned, it would target the R's vulnerability).
- Alter Self (Natural Weapons, Piercing): Similar idea, available to other classes, though would require going into melee (not so problematic due to damage, but due to Curse).
- Elemental Weapon: Similar idea, though I'm not sure if the bonus elemental damage applies.
- Shillelagh: Doesn't target the R's vulnerability, but a Druid could go this route if desperate for damage.
Are there other (better?) ways for casters to damage this sucker before L7 slots are available?
Note: I'm aware that buffing/assisting is another way to contribute to the fight--I'm interested specifically in offensive options available.