I’m planning to send my players on quests to get ingredients for a very powerful shield to protect a plane. Are there any guides or recommendations for the difficulty(CR) that magic items of certain rarities would require to be made?
Common, uncommon, rare, very rare, legendary, artifacts, and items that are even stronger than artifacts in terms of abilities.
- Something like the rod of absorption, but able to hold many more levels of spells.
- A staff that when planted into the ground, causes a massive volcano to form,
- a magical array that makes a 50 mile diameter sphere have positive energy suffusing it(giving a bonus to the health gained when spending hit die or by resting)
And for spells, a similar question.
Are there guides for players to create new spells or one time use scrolls or rituals that include the CR of the adventure to acquire them? Examples
- An enhanced version of glyph of warding that can hold all the way up to ninth or even more powerful spells
- A spell to make a incredibly large gate, large enough to trap a tarrasque in Acheron or Ysgard.
- An enhanced version of wish with fewer limitations.
- Finally, are there rules on how long you must take to research a new spell?