If a party wanted access to every spell in the PHB, what is the minimum number of PCs needed and which classes would those PCs need to be?
To clarify, I mean the potential to choose from all spells throughout their 20 levels, not necessarily having access to all spells at one given point in time.
- Assume no magic items, potions, etc.
- All PCs are level 20 and can access all spell levels available to them by RAW
- Multiclassing is available
- Feats from the PHB are available and may reduce the number of classes needed, for example: Spell Sniper, Ritual Caster and Magic Initiate allow PCs to choose cantrips, first level or ritual spells to use from other spell casting classes.
- Class and racial features from the PHB may be factored in
- Any other features included in the PHB may be factored in