I designed a warlock patron called the Lady of Pain. Is this subclass balanced against the other official warlock subclasses?
The Lady of Pain
You have quietly made a Pact with the Lady of Pain and her Cage. As a shadow of her serenity, you have been charged with maintaining balance among the planes while preserving the Lady’s privacy. As part of this pact, you have the following restrictions & benefits:
- You must never divulge the nature of your pact, even under pain of death.
- You must protect the Dabu and the city of Sigil, and never bring either harm.
- Alcohol and other intoxicants have no diminishing effect on the pain you feel. Conversely, your tolerance for pain has increased by twice that of most mortal creatures.
- The City of Doors is intuitive for you to navigate; most doors there are available for your travel if they are not being actively obstructed or hidden.
- You can understand the strange visual language of the Dabu, but cannot communicate using it.
Expanded Spell List
1st: Shield, Inflict Wounds
2nd: Cloud of Daggers, Heat Metal
3rd: Haste, Glyph of Warding
4th: Greater Invisibility, Death Ward
5th: Modify Memory, Dispel Evil And Good
Starting at 1st level, you can cast an ominous shadow in a 10-foot radius that provides you with several benefits:
- You gain a bonus to your AC equal to half your Charisma modifier, rounded down (minimum of +1). You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks.
- As part of a melee attack, you can turn the shadow against hostile creatures, rendering them vulnerable to slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing damage until the end of your turn. Once the shadow is used in this way, it recedes until you have taken a short rest.
At 14th level, the shadow’s aura protects and hides allies with its radius, which also expands to 30 feet.
By 6th level, your body has adapted to recovering from gruesome injuries. If you have hit points equal to or less than half your hit point maximum, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d4 + your Charisma modifier. In addition, when you use this ability while holding a severed body part (other than your head) to where it fell off, it reattaches.
Once you use this feature to reattach a limb, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
At 10th level, you can cast the Plane Shift spell once without using a spell slot or requiring material components. You can also immediately identify the plane and general location of someone is who is using a spell or magical effect to travel to another plane. As an reaction to the Plane Shift spell being cast by another creature, you can counter that spell immediately.
Using the feature in either of these ways will require a long rest before using either functionality again.
The Lady's Maze
At 14th level, you gain mastery of the specific pocket dimensions wherein the Lady of Pain stuffs Berks who displease her. You can cast the Maze spell once without using a spell slot. The maze appears to be a circular series of platforms, paths, and portals.
The maze can also be cast on willing group of creatures equal to your Charisma modifier. Items and inanimate objects left in the maze will remain there. If the maze is used this way, you must succeed a DC 20 Intelligence check to end the spell early.
Once this feature has been used for either function you must take a long rest to gain access to the maze again.