While we have a question for melee attacks, ranged attacks always seem to get left out.
What is the maximum damage that can be done in a single ranged attack?
- Any official character options as permitted.
- Only official rules should be considered.
- Multiclassing and feats are permitted.
- Magic items from any official source (including adventure modules) are permitted.
- Additionally, temporary effects from the same sources are permitted.
- Characters can be of any level and are permitted to possess epic boons.
- You are permitted as much setup as required and can assume ideal conditions.
- This includes things like surprise, target, and location.
- Other characters can assist in the setup, but only one character can be involved in the attack.
- Do not include "Unearthed Arcana".
- Whatever you chose, it must be one ranged attack (i.e. you only perform one attack roll, unless a feature with multiple attack rolls is specifically referred to as one attack).
- Only count damage that is caused by the single attack and occurs in the same round as the attack.