My thought process here is that Clones do not have souls and are not creatures that have a consciousness. They’re essentially empty shells that breathe and are waiting for me to die.
My idea, step by step:
- Open a Demiplane and go inside.
- Cast Wish to cast the Clone spell for me.
- Waste 16 hours of time and take a long rest after the 16 hours.
- Wake up and repeat steps 2 & 3 until desired number of clones is achieved.
- Unplug and kill clone bodies.
- Turn them undead.
I'm hoping to use this method to avoid the moral quandary of killing others and stopping their souls from resting by turning them into undead.
Would this be possible, within the rules?