This is a request for a viability check on a spell combo to mass produce adamantium.
My questions are:
- Is this viable?
- Am I missing any negative consequences not accounted for?
- Is there a way to make the Adamantium Stable? I.E. No longer susceptible to Dispel Magic or Stone to Flesh, etc.
Sequence of Events:
- Cast Clone or Kidnap a Beggar to use as "Body Fodder" for Magic Jar.
- Use Magic Jar on Clone Body or Beggar.
- Cast the ritual Wrest Resources. Make sure you don't have the required skills to successfully complete the spell.
- Let your current body be turned into Adamantium via the Flesh To Stone aspect of Wrest Resources.
- Let magic Jar Expire, return to your original body.
- Cast Restoration on yourself to remove the negative level.
the host body is slain, you return to the magic jar, if within range, and the life force of the host departs (it is dead). If the host body is slain beyond the range of the spell, both you and the host die. Any life force with nowhere to go is treated as slain.
If the spell ends while you are in the magic jar, you return to your body. If the Spell ends while you are in a host, you return to your body.
Flesh To Stone
The subject, along with all its carried gear, turns into a mindless, inert statue. If the statue resulting from this spell is broken or damaged, the subject (if ever returned to its original state) has similar damage or deformities. The creature is not dead,
Failure: All casters take 6d6 points of damage and are exhausted. The primary caster is the target of a flesh to stone spell (DC = 16 + the primary caster’s Charisma bonus) but instead of stone the spell turns the caster into the resource used in the material component.
Backlash The primary caster takes 1 permanent negative level.
- Clone - Used for the "Extra" Body necessary to pull this off with moral ambiguity. Spell target for Magic Jar.
- Beggar - Alternative spell target for Magic Jar - Evil Alignment Requirement.
- Magic Jar - Used to get out of our Adamantium body.
- Flesh to Stone - This is what we want to happen to us.
- Wrest Resources - The spell we want to fail.
- Restoration - Needed to undue the negative caster level post ritual.
- Stone to Flesh - A possible problem spell.
- What is a reliable source of Adamantium? - The whole reason were doing this.