Part of the confusion lies in the fact the Jack changed significantly between the original book (2013) and "Numenera 2" (Destiny and Discovery), while a lot of text was reused.
In the original book, the Jack's tricks were often taken whole cloth from the other two lists. At second tier, for instance, their options were
- Brute Finesse (Jack exclusive)
- Experienced Adventurer (Jack exclusive)
- No Need for Weapons (Glaive)
- Push (Nano)
- Reload (Glaive)
- Ward (Nano)
This changed in Numenera 2 when the class identities were solidified and Arkus, Wright, and Delve were added. The Jack doesn't recycle abilities anymore, so the only remaining options are
- Consider all Jack "supernatural" abilities as esoteries. Clear cut for some, like Link Senses [Discovery 48] or Jaunt [Discovery 50].
- Memory Becomes Action [Discovery 50] explicitly allows the Jack to copy an esotery they've seen.
- Learn an esotery or esotery-like ability by spending XP on a medium term benefit [Discovery 126].