Points of interest
- I have dark-vision
- I'm an 11th level sorcerer
- We are preparing to split up while taking on a keep for in game reasons.
- I've saved up enough to buy a page of spell knowledge of 5th level or lower, but I'd rather not spend that much if I'm able.
- We have 66 days to prepare, have things crafted etc before we miss our chance.
- There shouldn't be any spellcasters in the area I'm to take care of. (i.e no light spells)
Okay my party and I are about to head into a keep that we have scouted out the inside of before. There are not going to be any windows on the level I need to take care of but there are a lot of torches. The people in the keep don't have any form of darkvision to my knowledge.
I'm looking for a magic item or a spell with a duration I'm able to cast that will keep snuffing out the light sources at a range where normal vision won't be able to pick me up. I'll admit I'm looking for something that will snuff the fire instead of just using darkness for two reasons, 1 so they are not re illuminating after I pass them and 2 I use some fear based spells and my GM encourages me to "set the mood" for the fear magic and I think fires literally ether slowly dying or getting blown out quickly will have such an effect... So in short RP reasons. I've been looking at wind based magic but haven't found any wind based one that actually put out flames.
I've been and will be busy until a day before our session so it may be a bit lazy of me to ask here for ideas but google didn't pull up anything but a 3rd party cantrip called "Snuff", but I don't like using 3rd party stuff and the cantrip isn't a "Cast once and just let it work for awhile" I'd have to cast it on each light source. and honestly I don't have the time to do any deeper diving so I came here.