After discussing to some friends that visits some country all over the world, I find myself thinking about "Where it will be easy to be a vampire?" (Yes I know, I ask myself weirds questions), that I transform into "What geographical area would be the easiest start for players in a Vampire : The Masquerade today?"
As I search, I decide to cut the world in 9 areas (I tried to use facts and only that, and it was really interesting):
- Western Europe: No bearing weapons allowed, so hunting is easier in early night, but a lot of peoples doesn't go outside in late night.
- Eastern Europe: More weapons, weapon bearing allowed officially or in a roundabout way so hunting is harder, but government have more information control so the Masquerade is easier to preserve, but Firstlight will find you easier too.
- North America: Weapon bearing allowed in most cases so hunting more dangerous, but their is peoples are outside all night long so it's easier to find a prey, but everything is open 24/7 so you can live without needing a ghoul.
- South America: Like the Eastern Europe, but with more nature, so Werewolves might go kill you more often
- Africa: The whole area is more or less in war, live as human is hard, and so it is to Kindred
- Middle East: The Antediluvians are here and awakens, so it's not a good area to be a Kindred (or a human bein)
- North Asia: Most part of North Asia is the Russia, so it's like the Eastern Europe
- South Asia: Governement is strong, so the masquerade is easier to preserve, but Firstlight will find you easier too. Kuei-Jins are here so maybe it's hard to be a Kindred
- Oceania: "The whole fauna and flora want to kill you" meme don't apply to you, and weapon controll is getting bigger now, so hunting is easier
So I think Oceania is the easiest area to start as a vampire, followed by Western Europe and North America. But I might be wrong in the statements I made with my researches (as I just take 2 hours to do so).