Jumping is a special kind of movement. There doesn't seem to be special combat rules for jumping, so it behaves the same as walking. Is any special consideration needed when jumping in combat?
These prompts may help you form a response:
- Do you have to declare how far you are going to jump?
- Can you attack mid jump?
- Can you end your turn mid air?
- How does jumping over an enemy interact with attack of opportunity?
- How does jumping vertically higher than 5ft + an enemies height interact with attack of opportunity?
- How do actions such as Disengage or Dash interact with jumping?
- Are there any other quirks?
Please note I am asking about RAW only, and I understand the consequences of doing so. No frame challenges please. Assume I want to jump, have considered alternates, and that it is useful to me.