My Goliath Barbarian / Fighter / Rogue hybrid killed somebody accidentally in a rage in their past, and has sworn an oath to never again wield a weapon to prevent accidentally killing somebody again if they fly of the rails.
Problem is, this is still D&D, and punching people for 1+strength mod+2 while raging is hardly going to impress anybody. He'll primarily be a grappler, so it's not that big a deal, but I'd still like to find some ways to improve his damage.
There's a caveat however, I can't take any feats, considering my classes are spread all over the place and I need the few attribute increases I can get.
These are the requirements:
- Increases can come from magic items. I've found the Insignia of Claws in Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but that's the only one I've found so far.
- Can't change my race into something else. I know Tabaxi, for example, have improved unarmed damage, but that doesn't help my Goliath.
- Can't multiclass into monk or any other class. I just don't have the levels left to start multiclassing into a 4th class, nor would I meet the wisdom requirement.
- No feats. I know tavern brawler will increase my damage to 1d4, but I don't have room for feats in this build because of its multiclass nature.
- DM will not allow sneak attack on unarmed attacks.
- The build so far is 4 levels barbarian (Bear totem), 3 levels fighter (Battlemaster), 1 level rogue. The rest of the levels will go into fighter and barbarian, so they offer no leeway for multiclassing.
- Other people casting buffs on the character is a valid advice.
- I'll likely be grappling two people at the same time, so using 'not a weapon' improvised attacks is not an option, it's going to be kicks and headbutts.