I'm looking for any deities accepted in 3.5 for my character to follow. The character is also CN if that helps any. The domains I'm looking for would be lust and battle/war but also hates oppressors and abusers of all kinds due to characters own background as a slave. Does anyone know of any deities that fit what I'm looking for? I've tried searching online multiple times but as soon as I put in the lust domain i get a very small list of mostly evil aligned deities. No campaign actually set up yet just mostly trying to flesh out my characters bio and abilities. Making him a drifter and former slave escaped from some evil deity and since then from bits of mismatched lore and gossip he's learned since then. But the main things hes attracted to based on his past are helping the oppressed, battle/war, and lust.
If you only needed the War/Lust Domains:
- You could just be a Cleric without a Patron Deity and worship multiple gods:
p.32 of the PHB states:
(If your cleric is not devoted to a particular deity, you still select two domains to represent his spiritual inclinations and abilities. The restriction on alignment domains still applies)
You could worship a god with the Lust Domain and another one for the War domain if they don't contradict themselves in their point of view/alignment and your problem would be solved.
- @V2Blast suggested that I wrote my suggestion in an answer instead of a comment, since this could benefit the community I did it. This answer is only to add some info for other people to see.
- Note that nothing prevents you from taking domains even with gods that might not be compatible, the only restriction is the alignment domains, it is your convictions, and praying the gods in general is a valid option
Assuming that this list is accurate, your options for Lust are:
Core Deities: Gruumsh, Lolth, Olidammara.
Eberron Deities: Olladra.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Beshaba, Eilistraee, Hanali Celanil, Hathor, Isis, Lliira, Loviatar, Luthic, Sharess, Sharindlar, Sheela Peryroyl, Sune.
Other Deities: None.
and your options for War are:
Core Deities: Corellon Larethian, Erythnul, Gruumsh, Heironeous, Hextor.
Eberron Deities: Dol Arrah, Dol Dorn, the Mockery.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Anhur, Arvoreen, Clangeddin Silverbeard, Deep Duerra, Gaerdal Ironhand, Garagos, Gorm Gulthyn, Haela Brightaxe, Ilneval, Laduguer, Red Knight, Selvetarm, Shevarash, Solonor Thelandira, Tempus, Tyr, Uthgar.
Other Deities: Azor'alq, Beltar, Gelf Darkhearth, Hruggek, Joramy, Kaelthiere, Mayaheine, Panzuriel, Sekolah, Stronmaus, Surtr, Taiia, Thrym, Wastri, Xan Yae, Zarus, Zuoken.
from intersecting these two lists, we see that Gruumish is your only option, but what little I know of his lore suggests that he is unfitting.
Personally, I would suggest that you consult a list of domains and find some similar domains that fit your needs. You mentioned a Battle domain in your question, but I do not know of one. However, there are some other options that seem fitting. There's so many other possibilities that it would take a great deal of time to make an exhaustive list: Glory, Liberation, Passion, Pleasure, Protection, Retribution, Seduction, Spite, Temptation... You get the idea.
Most Chaotic deities are going to be pretty anti-slavery, particularly the Good ones. And almost all deities, almost by definition, support martial endeavors—the world of D&D is a violent place, and one of the things mortals turn to deities for is answers to the violence—and that almost always means violence of their own.
For example, Sune Firehair is the CG goddess of love in the Forgotten Realms, and while she doesn't focus on slavery per se, she certainly opposes it. And she has Protection, Guardian, and even Combat along her domains or portfolios in various editions (Protection in 3.5e). She also has an order of knights dedicated to her. That’s alongside her Lust and Pleasure domains.
Anyway, the most useful and thorough resource for finding deities in 3.5e is IMarvinTPA’s Find Deity tool. You can search by alignment, domain, and so on to find deities there. For example, searching for deities that are NG, CG, or CN and have the Lust domain (“Sin-Lust” in the tool) results in several deities:
- Eilistraee, Forgotten Realms, CG goddess of good drow.
- Hanali Celanil, FR, CG elven goddess of love and beauty.
- Hathor, “Pharaonic” (Egyptian), goddess of a whole lot, including the sky, the sun, maternity, fertility, cattle, royalty, and revenge.
- Isis, Pharaonic, queen goddess, later than Hathor and supplanted her in some ways
- Lliira, FR, “lady of joy” and former exarch of Sune. Unusually non-violent.
- Olidammara, Greyhawk/“default” D&D, god of rogues.
- Sharess, FR, flirtatious cat-goddess once known as “Bast” (the Mulhorandi pantheon in FR is largely identical to the real-world Egyptian one), corrupted by Shar and then later redeemed by Sune.
- Sharindlar, FR, dwarven fertility goddess.
- Sune, FR, described above.
Sune is probably the best fit of these, but you can play with the tool to find other stuff. Maybe the Pleasure domain has better results than Lust, or Charm, or Passion. Or maybe it’s better to look for deities with, say, Liberation, and see how sexual they are or are not. Having done a little digging (a bit more than I want to write up), though, I suspect Sune is probably your best bet unless you’re drow.