The recently released UA includes the feat Tandem Tactition which reads:
Your presence in a scrap tends to elevate your comrades. You gain the following benefits:
- You can use the Help action as a bonus action.
- When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, increase the range of the Help action by 10 feet. Additionally, you can help two allies targeting the same creature within range when you use the Help action this way.
My understanding was that when the Help action was used to grant an ally advantage it was the next ally to attack the distracted enemy. The wording of Tandem Tactician clearly runs counter to this but my question is whether you can, using Tandem Tactician, choose the specific allies that get advantage from the help action (bonus action).
For a specific example:
Gerald is a fighter with Tandem Tactician. Gurt is a rogue, Wilhelmina is a wizard, and Sarsaparilla is a monk. They are all fighting Tiamat.
- Gerald attacks Tiamat and uses Help as a bonus action attempting to aid Gurt and Sarsaparilla in attacking Tiamat.
- Wilhelmina casts Firebolt to attack Tiamat
- Gurt fires her longbow to attack Tiamat
- Sarsaparilla kicks to attack Tiamat
Which characters have advantage on their first attacks assuming no other sources of advantage are applicable?
These questions relate to this issue with the Help action in general:
Do I choose the target or the ally for the Help action?
Can I Specify who the Help Action helps?