What's the highest critical hit damage a level 1 character can do?
- The character must be level 1
- The character cannot have any magical items
- The character's starting equipment must be affordable with the standard 15 gp start
- The character can be assisted by up to three other level 1 characters with the same restrictions
- The three assistant characters each have one round before the primary character makes their attack
- The damage must come off of one critical hit (i.e. the first hit of Flurry of Blows, not both)
- Max damage can be assumed
- Don't count persistent damage - theoretically any amount of persistent damage could be infinite if the enemy never manages to stop it somehow. Additionally, it's not part of the immediate damage of the critical.
- Characters can be assumed to know that this is going to happen; therefore, they can start with weapons and items drawn so long as they can properly hold them in their hands.