I am looking to build a order domain cleric, and looking at ways to obtain the shield spell. Specifically I hope I can learn it in a manner that allows me to spend my spell slots on it.
So far I have found the following:
- Multiclass - This is the only method I have found that meets my main criteria, but has a host of downsides
- Magic initiate - Apparently I can't use my spell slots so this is 1/day only. See: Can you cast a spell learned from the Magic Initiate feat using spell slots?
- Aberrant dragonmark - Counts as a sorcerer spell so I still can't use my spell slots on it (probably)
- Talk to my DM - Unlikely to work because he knows I am a bit of a powergamer (hence wanting the shield spell on top of heavy armour, a standard shield and probably a shield of faith spell too)
- Cheat - Just hope my DM doesn't notice it isn't a cleric spell or doesn't know the rules around class spells and spell slots - not my style
- Get a magic item (I am not sure there even are any) - this isn't really an option even if one does exist, because the DM rolls for loot
I can use all legal source books, but have I misinterpreted anything I have above, or missed any options?
Bonus points if someone can find a way that also gets me booming blade :)