I am interested in what precisely "moves" the undead body, in the Forgotten Realms and Eberron.
- Is it the magic of the spell?
- Is the creature's soul rebound to the body?
- Is a "false soul" created and bound to the body?
- Something else?
I ask because I am researching the mechanics of Necromancy as published with the goal of knowing:
- how the magic functions in-universe
- which bits a DM would need to rule on.
I am also studying whether casting a Necromancy spell is necessarily evil, or if it is merely accidentally evil - for example, it is clearly Evil to kill and reanimate a men against his will, but is it Good (in-universe) to reanimate a person who, on their deathbed, grants you permission to use their corpse?