Here's the do battle move from the Burned Over hackbook:
When you do battle with someone, exchange harm, but first roll+Hard. On a 10+, you hold 4 against your enemy. On a 7–9, you hold 3 against them. On a miss, you hold 1 against them. If a PC, your enemy rolls simultaneously to do battle with you. If an NPC, your enemy holds 2 against you on any hit, and 3 against you on a miss.
To conduct the battle, spend your hold on the following. Commit to your spends without knowing your enemy’s.
• Fight for blood: Spend 1 to inflict +1harm.
• Fight defensively: Spend 1 to suffer -1harm.
• Fight opportunistically: Spend 1 to inflict harm on an additional enemy.
• Guard someone: Spend 1 to protect an ally from 1-harm.
• Seize initiative: Whoever spends more to seize initiative, does.
[Initiative rules omitted for brevity]
Can you pump damage or defense by choosing the same "fight for blood" / "fight defensively" option multiple times? (You can't using AW2e seize by force, but that is a "choose" move whereas this is a "spend your hold" move.)