I’m currently trying to make a Talshatora Monk/Erudite multiclass work, partially as a challenge and partially because I want to play a psionic Gish. The issue is that, under the constraints i’m operating under, getting a BaB high enough to function in melee will be difficult. So, I’ve looked into somehow persisting or otherwise gaining a at will or permanent Divine Power like effect.
My build goals are 9th level psionic powers with Divine Power, or barring that Transformation. These are the constraints and rules assumptions i’m working under for this game.
- Prestige classes that advance manifesting are ruled psionic classes so having more levels in one of them than my Erudite level will cause issues, this is why Slayer is unfortunately off the table.
- Spell to Power Erudite is in use however spells not normally available to arcane classes, such as Divine Power being gained by the Arcane Disiple feat, are not easily obtainable. They can be gained theoretically but aren't reliable. So while Persist Power Divine Power is an option in theory it’s not something I can bank on.
- Custom Item creation Rules, specifically Custom Wondrous Items of Divine Power or infinite use resetting traps of Divine Power, are off the table.
- Permanent Runes of Divine Power are allowed, but the expense obviously makes it a less than ideal option.
- All first party books, as well as dragon and dungeon magazine, are allowed. The game is also fairly high optimization with one other player using Astral Seed to transform into a dragon, this however doesn’t work on spells that don’t change your body. So I can’t use that strategy to make divine power permanent. (Unless I can find a convincing argument for why it would)
- There is effectively no cap on how much of our WBL can be spent on a single item.
My current plans if I can’t find a better solution is to either get Divine Power as a psionic power somehow and persist it or get the extend and persist spell feats and apply persist spell to a wand of Divine Power using a schema of metamagic item.