I've been searching all over RPG sites for this kind of setting, but I didn't find anything similar until now. Well:
- High Fantasy: I mean something not from this dimension, out of ordinary, but not grim or brutal. I want something more elvish, wonderful and bright, not excessively fantastical (don't want overpowered mages and larger-than-life creatures).
- Evocative: Evocative has a lot of meanings, but what I am trying to conjure is a poetic setting, with a sense of wonder and beauty, spirituality and smoothness. A place where the magic runs subtly on the universe (like a Tolkien setting) and where valour, honour and compassion (or other positive aspects) are important parts of the character creation (I want to build really good-aligned characters).
These were the RPG that I found closer to what I initially thought:
- CODA LOTR: I really appreciate all the Tolkien's Legendarium, so of course I appreciate the setting. I liked the system, specially the order division (simple and objective, but you still can make your character unique) and the magic stuff (very similar to the original works). I really like the Tolkien elves, I like their ethereality, their simplicty and their subtle mysticism. Said that, I'm searching for a RPG with that Lothlorien-esque feel.
- Tribe 8: I like all the shamanistic stuff in the game, but it's 90% post-apocalyptical horror, and I don't like horror-themed games.
- How We Came To Live Here: An indie RPG about native americans. I lke the simplicity of the game and the poetry of the setting, but, as I said, I'm looking for something more fantastical.
With a classic good versus evil duality, and still a good bit of combat. Somewhat like Blue Rose but more mysterious and divine.
Maybe I'm being a little too specific, but I really hope that you can give me some good advice and recommend me similar games. Thanks in advance!