I have a character who wants to:
- Use two-weapon fighting
- Use their dexterity bonus, not their strength bonus, to attack
- Cast spells with somatic components
I'm having trouble finding a way to accomplish all of these:
- If I use two weapons, I have to drop or sheathe one of them to free up a hand for spellcasting.
- If I use a quarterstaff, I can't use weapon finesse.
- I don't have the spare class levels to be a Daggerspell Mage.
How can I accomplish these goals simultaneously? Are there double weapons that are compatible with weapon finesse? Can I use two-weapon fighting with weapons that don't take up a hand, like armor spikes? Are there quick draw shenanigans I can pull off to sheathe and redraw my weapons when I want to cast spells (without using up too many actions)? Something else I haven't thought of?
The character is a Telflammar Shadowlord-based multipouncer, focused on getting multiple full attacks per round by using a variety of teleportation methods, including spells, Shadow Hand maneuvers, and Abrupt Jaunt. The class split is something like:
- Rogue 1/Wizard 2/Fighter 1/Crusader 1/Unseen Seer 2/Jade Phoenix Mage 4/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Jade Phoenix Mage +5
...though there's some flexibility there, as long as the core abilities of the character concept are retained.