As in the title. I'm looking for a good form to choose for my caster to stay in. What I'm looking for specifically is:
- Need to be a form that can cast spells so I can also keep casting my spells while in this new form,
- Access to flying, so I don't need to cast Fly,
- Very good armor, so I can't get hit (at least not easily and not often),
- Good Physical Stats so I get the HP boost and Fort Save boost from CON, Armor boost and Ref Save boost from DEX,
- Anything else is a nice bonus but not necessary.
Character as of now as that has been asked for:
- Aasimar / Lesser Aasimar / Saint (which means Outsider, not that it matters as there is plenty of ways to become one temporarily), LA +2 removed with buyout,
- Double Progression Caster (Cleric and Wizard spell lists) ECL 13 (but CL 15 for Clr Spells and 16 for Wiz Spells),
- Has Incantatrix Metamagic Effect, so Polymorph will be a Persistent ordeal.
Currently I'm considering:
- Juvenile Brass Dragon, nice armor bonus, awesome speed (poor maneuverability though), decent physical stats and burrow movement as a bonus. Being a dragon itself is kind of a downside though, might be suspicious talking with people in such form and raising way too many eyebrows on the street.
- Astral Deva > Planetar, awesome armor bonus, decent speed (with good maneuverability), great physical stats, nothing as a bonus. It's a humanoid in shape, so apart from being large (which can easily be fixed with a level 1 spell) doesn't stand out too much and can wear regular clothes, thus look kind of natural.
Are there any better forms I should consider? As a bare minimum wildly better in some way while slightly worse in some other way? Goal is to make the character near-invincible, Polymorph is just a way to get decent stats cheaply.
DISCLAIMER: Only RAW, only official WotC sources. No Pun-Pun, Loops or Wish.