I've been tinkering with a gnoll race and I've been wondering whether it's balanced or not. I want to hear your thoughts on so I can possible revise it in the future. The traits are mainly based on abilities of real life hyenas.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Dexterity score increases by 1.
- Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 30 ft.
- Rampage. When you reduce a creature to 0 hit points with a melee attack on your turn, you can take a bonus action to move up to half your speed and make a bite attack.
- Heart of the Hunt. You can add twice your proficiency bonus to any Strength (Athletics) checks related to chases and running.
- Keen Smell. Thanks to your sensitive nose, you have advantage on Wisdom (Perception), Wisdom (Survival), and Intelligence (Investigation) checks that involve smell.
- Bite. You have a fanged maw that you can use to make unarmed strikes. When you hit with it, the strike deals 1d6 + your Strength modifier piercing damage , instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Gnoll.