Cynocephali are a race of dog men that appear in many real world sources. They're intelligent, have their own language and trade, but eat their prisoners of war. I tried capturing the canine feel though not very sure bout the balance. Is any of the wording confusing? Are there any broken interactions ?
- Ability Scores: Dex +2, Str +1
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 30 feet
- Darkvision. 60 ft
- Bite. 1d4 + Strength or Dexterity
- Canine Tactics. When you hit a creature with an attack, you may reroll the damage dice if you had advantage on it or at least one of your allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated. You must use the new roll.
- Mark the Scent. As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
- Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.