I've been a big fan of World of Warcraft for some time and even though I no longer play or interact much with the community, I do have a soft spot for some of the races and lore. So I made a draenei race, trying to emulate the feel they've got in the MMO. I am very curious as to whether or not I got the balance right. Does it overshadow any other racial choice too much? It's supposed to be pretty team oriented, with benefit for being somewhat close to allies. They're supposed to be good clerics and paladins but I don't know if I achieved that.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 2, and your Strength score increases by 1.
- Age. Draenei are an extremely long lived race, with some living up to a thousand years.
- Size. Draenei are among the tallest races, standing between 7 and 8 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Gift of the Naaru. You can cast healing word a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for this spell.
- Gemcutting. You are proficient in the use of artisan's tools (jeweler's tools).
- Heroic Presence. You exude an aura of safety and confidence to your allies. When an ally within 30 feet of you that can see you fails an ability check or saving throw or misses with an attack roll, you can use your reaction to roll 1d4 and add it to the roll, potentially turning the failure into a success. You can use this ability a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
- Shadow Ward. The light shines within you, warding you against the forces of darkness. You have resistance to necrotic damage.
- Languages. You can speak, read and write Common and Draenei. Draenei is an alien-sounding language that uses the same script as Infernal and Abyssal.