Cervitaurs are a race of fey beings born from the breath of Succelos, The Oak Father. They resemble centaurs, but have the lower bodies of deer instead of horses. Possessing an innate druidic gift, they strive to protect the land.
No racial feature seems too unbalanced, but they do have a lot of them, so it might add up. The race also has some variant features that replace their base ones.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2 and either your Wisdom or Charisma score increases by one.
- Size. Cervitaurs average at around 6’9 feet in height from their hooves to their heads. Despite their height, they’re slender and light. Your size is Medium.
- Age. Cervitaurs remain young and youthful and alluring until the last leaf falls from The Tree of Life. Cervitaurs are still mortal creatures capable of dying in other ways.
- Speed. Your walking speed is 35 feet. You can ignore non-magical difficult terrain in natural environments, such as vines, bushes, and rocks.
- Fey. Your creature type is Fey rather than Humanoid.
- Forest’s Camouflage. You have proficiency in the Stealth skill. In addition, you have advantage on Dexterity (stealth) checks made to hide in forested terrain.
- Nature’s Magic. You know the druidcraft cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level you can cast the entangle spell once per day as a 2nd-level spell. Once you reach 5th level you can cast the daylight spell once per day. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells. You regain the ability to cast these spells when you finish a long rest.
- Languages. You can speak, read and write Common and your choice of either Sylvan, Giant Eagle or Giant Owl.
Flighty. When you take the Dodge action, you can move up to 10 feet as part of the same action. This movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity. Replaces Forest's Camouflage.
Winters of Life. You know the spare the dying cantrip. Once you reach 3rd level you can cast the fingers of frost spell once per day. Once you reach 5th level you can cast the gentle repose spell once per day. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells. You regain the ability to cast these spells when you finish a long rest. Replaces Nature's Magic.
Deadly Shot. Once per turn when you roll damage for a ranged weapon attack that isn't made with a crossbow, you can reroll the weapon's damage dice and use either total. You can't use this feature if you have disadvantage on the attack. Replaces Nature's Magic.