Lesser Oni are a race of creatures very closely related to true Oni. They appear to be shorter and possess less magical power. Lesser Oni are considered to be younger Oni whose power is still growing. Is this race imbalanced or confusing?
- Ability Score Increase: +2 Str; +1 Cha
- Size: Oni stand at around 7 to 8 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
- Speed: Your walking speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Brutality. When you make a melee attack against a creature that has less than its maximum hit points, you can gain advantage on the attack roll. If the attack hits, the creature's movement speed is reduced by 10 feet until the start of your next turn. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
- Oni Sorcery. You know the Thaumaturgy cantrip. At 3rd level you gain the ability to cast the Silent Image spell once and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
- Menacing. You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
- Languages. You can speak, read and write Common, Akkhi and Giant. Akkhi is the secret Oni language used for stealthy communication between Oni.