Leaflings are a small race of fey creatures, resembling human children with pointed ears and green tinged skin, that inhabit idyllic places of natural beauty in proximity to humanoid settlements. These creatures live on the inside of large trees, most commonly ancient oak trees, or under roofs made of thick, thorny bushes. Natural friends to all animals and creatures of the woods, it is not uncommon for a band of leaflings to refer to a dryad or nymph as an incarnation of their goddess, treating her with great respect. A colony of Leaflings is lead by a Thornpriest - a druid or nature cleric devoted to the Soil Mother, a goddess of woodlands and the idyllic beauty of nature. As creatures of immense curiosity, they often venture into human settlements, especially those of a less industrialised nature. Here are the stats:
- Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2 and either your Wisdom or Intelligence score increases by 1.
- Size. Leaflings average at around 2 and a half feet tall, with the tallest among them reaching up to 3 feet in height. Your size is Small.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
- Heartsight. As a bonus action, you can touch a creature and magically detect its current emotional state. If the target fails a Charisma saving throw with a DC of 8 + your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus, you also know the creature’s alignment. Celestials, fiends, and undead automatically fail this saving throw.
- Bite Like Ants. If you surprise a creature and hit it with an attack on your first turn in combat, the creature's movement speed becomes 0 until the start of your next turn. You can use this trait only once per combat.
- Small and Hidden. You have proficiency in the Stealth skill. In addition, you suffer no penalties while squeezing.
- Languages. You can speak, read and write Common and Sylvan.