The Leshen are a race of plant-like fey, born from places over flowing with druidic magic. It is said that when the elves came to the Material Plane from the Feywild, they planted a sacred grove for their wild god. Ages later, the grove still stands, but the elves are long gone from those lands, now enveloped by demonic power. A bastion of purity at the edge of the demonic wastes, the sacred trees birthed a race of vigilant protectors, clearing a portion of the corruption. In time the race spread, though its rarity remained. Leshen are iron-willed and zealous in their guard of nature, they often oppose more civilized races encroaching on wild lands. Leshen appear as Humanoid creatures, with bones of wood and skins of thorny, tough plant material. The race uses the general post Tasha's Cauldron of Everything template.
- Ability Scores: Choose one of: (a) Choose any +2; choose any other +1 (b) Choose any +1; choose any other +1; choose any other +1
- Creature Type: Fey
- Size: Medium (5-6 feet tall)
- Speed: 30 ft.
- Vigil. You have advantage on any Wisdom (Survival) checks made to track fiends, undead or aberrations, as well as on any Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
- Symbiosis. You know the Infestation cantrip and can cast it without requiring any components. Starting at 3rd level, you can cast the Ensnaring Strike spell with this trait, without requiring a material component. Once you cast that spell with this trait, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast it using any spell slots you have of the appropriate level. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells when you cast them with this trait (choose when you select this race).
- Sylvan Talents. You gain proficiency with one of the following skills of your choice: Animal Handling, Nature, Medicine, Stealth and Survival.