This is a homebrew warlock subclass I’ve made: Pact with the Factory.
Lore: The factory is an organization that has spread to multiple planes, conquering, consuming, and producing. Its only goals are to grow and spread as much as possible, feeding off of capitalism and creating powerful magic items all as the cancer that it is becomes stronger.
Terms of the Pact:
- You cannot make any negative statements about the Factory
- You cannot make any actions harmful to the Factory
- You must constantly send the Factory resources in exchange for your power. The DM doesn’t need to mention this beyond something like “as you get your payment, a few coins disappear” or “As you walk through the forest, you notice some trees have been cut down and the trunks have disappeared”
Expanded Spell List
- 1st-Level Spells: Distort Value, Shield
- 2nd-Level Spells: Heat Metal, Enlarge/Reduce
- 3rd-Level Spells: Incite Greed, Conjure Barrage
- 4th-Level Spells: Fabricate, Compulsion
- 5th-Level Spells: Animate Objects, Creation
At 1st level, you gain the ability to offer your life to the Factory in exchange for power. As a bonus action, you can give up HP in exchange for bonus damage. You get the bonus for the next spell/ cantrip you cast
- 3(hp) = +1 to attack and damage rolls for cantrips
- 6(hp) = +2 attack and/or damage rolls for cantrips
- 9(hp) = +3 attack and/or damage rolls for cantrips
- 15(hp) = +4 attack and/or damage rolls for spells
You can't reduce your own HP below 1, and you can only use the ability a number of times equal to your prof bonus.
At 6th level, you gain the power call upon the items the Factory has created. As a bonus action, for one minute, you can summon any non-magical item. Additionally, up to a certain times per day, you can summon magic items up to a certain rarity for one minute.
- 6th level: Up to uncommon items and only once per day.
- 10th level: Up to rare and only up to twice per day.
- 14th level: Up to very rare items and only up to four times per day.
At 10th level, you gain the instinctive knowledge of items and their worth. You can cast identify at will a number of times per long rest equal to your Proficiency Bonus.
Feed the Factory
At 14th level, you gain the power to summon the factory into reality and feed its insatiable hunger. Once per long rest, a creature within 60 feet of you must make a Dex saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. If they fail, then they take Xd10 slashing damage, where X equals half your warlock level (rounded down). This is not affected by immunities or resistances. Additionally, if they die from this damage, you can create an item out of their body either at the DM’s discretion with what the item is fitting the creature and quality going up with the enemy’s CR.
Flavor on the Pacts:
- Pact of the Chain: Because the Factory seeks to subjugate all things, you can have any type of creature of the normal summon list. Additionally, it will often be heavily abused and have the Factory’s insignia burned into its skin.
- Pact of the Blade: An ugly black iron weapon, made by mass production and with the Factory’s insignia on it.
- Pact of the Tome: A thick, comprehensive user’s manual about the mechanisms of magic and production.
Is this subclass balanced with other warlock subclasses?