The Ainher are a race of humanoids, crafted by the ancient giants with a spark of divine flames. They were like men, but greater in skill, passion and stature. They were left to live a harsh life in the icy hell of the isle Garðarshólmur. In time they used their great powers to build halls of battle and ale and split into two unique groups: the asa and the vana. The asa aimed to conquer other lands and subjugate them, while the peaceful vana had no use for conquest.
I am curious as to how powerful the race is and whether its level of power is above that of the published races. I am mostly worried about "Blinding Radiance" and "Blood Striker".
- Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution score increases by 2 and another ability score of your choice increases by 1.
- Age. The Ainher are a long lived race, becoming mature at the young age of 15 and living up to 1500 years.
- Size: Ainher are somewhat larger and bulkier than humans, and they range from 5 to well over 6 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
- Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Incredible Talents. You gain proficiency in one skill and one tool of your choice Additionally, you qualify for taking the Prodigy feat.
- Brave. You have advantage on saving throws made to avoid or end the frightened condition.
- Subrace: Choose either the Asa or Vana subrace:
- Runic Magics. You know one cantrip of your choice from the sorcerer or cleric spell lists. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for this cantrip (choose when you select this race).
- Blood Striker. Once per turn, when you make a melee attack against a creature that has less than its maximum hit points, you can gain advantage on the attack roll. If the attack hits, the creature takes an additional 1d4 damage. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
- Seithr Magic. You know one cantrip of your choice from the druid or cleric spell lists. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for this cantrip (choose when you select this race).
- Blinding Radiance. As a bonus action, you emit bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. This light lasts until you are incapacitated or use a bonus action to stop emitting it. Additionally, when you are hit with an attack by a creature within the range of the bright light of this feature, you can use your reaction to force that creature to make a Constitution saving throw, the DC of which is equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier. If the creature fails the saving throw, it is blinded until the start of its next turn. You can use this reaction a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.