Original race: Is this homebrew hamadryad race unbalanced?
Hamadryads are creatures born of the forest, connected to the wild lands and the very lifeblood of the world itself. They are liminal beings - of nature and of mankind, torn between both worlds, not truly fitting in in either. They are children of forest nymphs and men, born of ritual or miracle. Unlike half-dryads, their connection to the wild is stronger and their powers are greater.
In terms of abilities, these creatures are supposed to have powers similar to the Monster Manual dryad. I don't see anything overpowered on its own but it does have a lot of abilities, so that might end up causing issues. What classes would it excel at, if any? The previous version was seen as overpowered.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 1 and your Charisma score increases by 2.
- Age. Hamadryads mature more slowly than humans and are considered mature at about the age of 24. They possess long lifespans, some being known to live up to 400 years.
- Alignment. Hamadryads lean towards neutrality and tend to disregard laws and rules made by the more civilised races.
- Size. Hamadryads are about the same Size as humans. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Oaken Vitality. When you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier (minimum of 2). Additionally, your hit point maximum increases by 1.
- Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws you make to avoid or end the charmed condition on yourself.
- Touch of the Forest. You gain proficiency in either the Animal Handling or Survival skill. In addition, you can cast the animal friendship spell with this trait. Once you cast the spell in this way, you can't cast it again unti you finish a long rest. You can also cast this spell using any spell slots you have of the appropriate Level. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for this spell.
- Enchantment. You know the Friends cantrip and can cast it without requiring any components.